Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Cause for the Cure

I spend many hours thinking about events in the past several years, and how they could possibly be linked to the events going on in my life today. When there are unexplained deaths and events in your life, these come to mind often and you carefully remember symptoms and signs that lead up to them. You attentively observe the livestock and animals trying to avoid a repeat. I was born into the life of ranching, my parents, grandparents, great grandparents, as a small child I was my grandfathers shadow, I remember driving the pickup feeding cattle when my foot could not reach the gas pedal, grandpa in the back. It is a passion, my cattle eat before I do, there health and safety is utmost importance to me. Walk off and leave them is not an acceptable answer to this problem, not only for them but for the rest of the world who have to breath this toxic air we are forced to breath. I should back up in time and explain  to you how this all came about. I did not just wake up one morning and decide to take a heavy metal toxin test, I had no idea what was going on. I saw a lot of death in this area, thought it was strange, but life is. I lost a very good neighbor a short time ago, young and sudden without previous illness, still not a clue as to what was happening. My favorite pet in June, suddenly got very sick, the Vet said it appeared to be poison, he died not long after. Family members coming to visit and getting sick while staying here. Still we go on with everyday life, fatigue, cough, weakness and trouble breathing, not knowing what is happening. I noticed that when I would go out to do chores in the morning I would get very lightheaded and dizzy, very odd feeling, until one day when I was feeding the Bulls, I ran into a pocket of gas, actually took my air away,brought me to my knees, choking and coughing looking for air. Very scary, not knowing what you  are dealing with or where you may encounter it. This has happened to me several times since then, and seems to be getting worse. The water ways almost appear to have a haze hanging on them, like you can see the poison in the air. My brain finally clicked, something here is not right, but what is it? Now I am a hard headed Norwegian, and don't take no for an answer, sometimes this can be a good thing. I will find the cause, even if I die trying. My husband and I ventured out this weekend and found some very odd things in the creek that runs on our property, places where warm gray water bubbles out of the ground with a very harsh offensive smell, now keep in mind that the creek is froze over this time of year, and the water is not warm. The harsh smell in the air that makes you choke. Our water wells started bubbling like 7up this summer, and the smell with  gas like fumes. Testing showing solvent in the well and many other unnatural toxic things. Doing laundry in the water almost makes your skin burn. Seeking out of state advice as to what is going on and any knowledge that may be helpful. And not taking NO for an answer. Be aware of what is going on around you, nature will give you some important clues that something is wrong, if you listen to her. It is not normal to walk into the barn and see a cat with blood coming out of her eyes and nose, this is a serious sign that that the air is toxic and will kill you. In memory of the friends and animals I have lost, my quest goes on to find the cause.

1 comment:

  1. I have watched this blog from it's inception and I can't believe that no one else is commenting. If you will just spend some time reading the links posted on this site you will realize that Western ND is rapidly on it's way to becomming a contaminated wasteland. Your lives are in danger and the area will soon start to see an abnormal rate of Cancers. Your wildlife will disappear, Your pets and cattle will die from strange causes, your water will become unuseable and your farms will become worthless and can't be sold. If you people don't organize and take control of your lives and demand some oversite from your elected officials, starting yesterday, you will regret it. I was born in Williston over 75 years ago and I can remember growing up in a time when the air was clean, game was plentiful and life was good.

    ReplyDelete